[OpenIndiana-discuss] hipster live CD / recovery options?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Jul 26 04:26:36 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-26 06:01, Jason Lawrence wrote:
> I just upgraded off of the hipster repo and enabled LZ4 compression on my root pool. I had thought I had upgraded grub alongside, but apparently not and it cannot access the pool.
>
> What are my options for a live CD to rescue my installation? The main OpenIndiana site is still only serving up 151a7.

I might try booting with the older livecd and installing the new grub
(with LZ4 support) using installgrub and binaries (stage1, stage2)
right onto your HDD-based rpool. These GRUB parts go into fixed on-disk
locations anyway (i.e. you don't need to be able to import the rpool)...

Hopefully, some of the hipster activists can post you the relevant files
from their hipster installation.

HTH,
//Jim