[OpenIndiana-discuss] hipster live CD / recovery options?

Jason Lawrence jjlawren at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 15:17:15 UTC 2013

The warning on http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/LZ4+Compression implies the pool must be imported in order to update grub properly. I thought for sure that stage2 was placed within the filesystem, not in MBR or another fixed location.

I didn't have much luck with the 151a7 live CD, so I'm going to give OmniOS a try. I'm very open to other suggestions or ideas.

--jason