[OpenIndiana-discuss] Adaptec 1405 not recognized oi151

Gregory Youngblood gregory at youngblood.me
Sun Jul 28 00:40:12 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am in the process of building an hp n40l microserver and everything seems good except for the Adaptec card. I recall reading that it worked with the aac driver but am unable to get the card to work from the live image Ian image I am booting from.

I have been looking for more information but so far I have not found anything extremely useful, some hints here and there but nothing concrete.

I am wanting to boot from the Adaptec and wanted to use a couple of the drives there as installation target.

Any suggestions?

The server has an 8 drive capacity, 4 2.5 inch and 4 3.5 inch, and 16 gb ecc ram. only thing not working right now is the adaptec.

Thanks
Greg

Sent from my HTC on T-Mobile 4G LTE