[OpenIndiana-discuss] [oi-dev] INTEL, IA32, i80686, AMD64 *is* *well* *supported* by OpenSXCE: Some run it on theit Netbook! - OR: The ability to read a text and absorb information

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 11:26:34 UTC 2013

The noise-to-signal ratio on these posts to world+dog is deeply
inconsiderate. Please set up a distro-specific list and invite those who
are interested.

On 8 Jun 2013, at 23:51, G B <g_patrickb at yahoo.com> wrote:

I downloaded and went to install OpenSXCE and chose not to proceed when I
was prompted with the language.  Being from the United States of America I
selected English, but there was no option for US, but there was Canada, New
Zealand, Britain, Australia, and maybe another I'm missing.  If this was an
oversight on your behalf, then my apologies, but if it was intentional
because of your dislike of the USA for some personal reason, then I'm not
going to bother with your operating system.

I served in the US Air Force, my uncle was a navigator on a B-52 during
Vietnam, my mother's husband was in the US Air Force in Vietnam, my
grandfather was in the US Army in the Pacific during WWII, another uncle
served 30 years in the US State Dept.  A good friend of mine served in the
US Navy in Vietnam.  You see, my blood doesn't bleed red, it bleeds Red,
White, & Blue.

Your largest user base would likely be the USA, but by neglecting to add
the country to the language during installation it seems you are making a
statement, and so am I.  I refuse to use it.  If you add the USA then I may
look at it, but won't go out of my way.  As I said before, if this was just
an oversight then you have my apologies.  Otherwise, good luck with your
endeavor.

 *From:* Martin Bochnig <martin at martux.org>
*To:* Discussion list for OpenIndiana <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>;
developer at lists.illumos.org; discuss at lists.illumos.org; Martin Bochnig <