[OpenIndiana-discuss] Proposed Samba updates

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 02:43:29 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> Let me first build a 3.6.15 version then.
>

> On Sunday, June 09, 2013 09:40 PM, Stefan Müller-Wilken wrote:
>>
>> Chris,
>> the idea of my mail was not to start fingerpointing, but to constructively
>> work out, how things can be changed for the better. So, if you have a
>> working upgrade to 3.6.x, maybe Ken can help putting it into the repo?
>>
>> Cheers
>>   Stefan

In case anyone wonders, updating components in "userland"
(or any of its derivatives like oi-build or whatever) requires
more than just getting the updated code to build.  Someone
has to test it (assuming you want the distro to keep working).

I fully admit I have not had much time to contribute to updating
Samba builds in OI, but I did make sure the updates I proposed
included only versions I knew had good test results.

If there is a problem with winbind or stuck smbd proceses
in specific versions, it would help to reference issue tracker
notes detailing the problem and exact versions affected.

--
Gordon Ross <gwr at nexenta.com>
Nexenta Systems, Inc.  www.nexenta.com