[OpenIndiana-discuss] Openindiana GlusterFS support

Alberto Picón Couselo alpicon1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 22:11:32 UTC 2013

Hi, Saso

> I don't think there's any in-kernel support. But before you go out on
> a software digging expedition into clustered filesystems, have you
> made sure that you *really* need it? High Availability does not
> necessarily mean that you need a clustered filesystem. Cheers,

We mainly use OpenIndiana to serve using NFSv4 virtual image files to
Xen/KVM hypervisors. ZFS support is a must for us, because we can
recover customer virtual images without effort using snapshots and/or
zfs send&receive replication. The point here is to survive to NFS server
disruption/unavailability without affecting Xen/KVM guests and hosts. As
you know, NFS clients are extremely sensitive to server availability...

Can you please point me out any solution to deploy NFS (and/or COMSTAR
ISCSI) HA using OpenIndiana?.

Best Regards