[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing zones from templates

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Mon Jun 17 12:26:51 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

>> >zoneadm -z zone_name install -e extra_pkg
>>
>> Hmmm... that might be an option but doesn't sound too elegant with dozends
>> of packages.
>>

>So, find or create a package that depends on the packages you need and
>just add that.

ah, yes, I forgot that option. Thanks for the hint. I could create meta packages in our own repository for each personality, i.e. webserver.pkg, appserver.pkg ... and have those depend on a suitable set of packages from dev or so.

So there is no standard way to have personality templates? Isn't that a standard requirement with larger installations? How do others do that? Thanks for your insights.

Cheers
 Stefan