[OpenIndiana-discuss] Odd Samba/winbind issue

Laurent Blume laurent+oi at elanor.org
Fri Jun 21 13:13:01 UTC 2013

On 21/06/13 14:50, James Relph wrote:
> Both cswsamba and cswwinbind do seem to be working fine, they're just
> not talking to each other!

Well, the lines you had shown appeared to show they were talking, just
the answer was negative for some reason.

<snip>

Look all good.

> It didn't seem to even try the AD side, but I can check again.
> Obviously just odd that it's working via other apps (ie. those using
> PAM) but not Samba itself.

It might be Samba is asking for something in a wrong way.

> Using PAM with winbind didn't work until I made those symlinks (and
> they were recommended elsewhere)?

Do you remember where?
Have you tried the pam module from CSWwinbind or only the Solaris one?
It should be possible to configure them in /etc/pam.conf (I've not tried
it yet myself).

And like Jonathan, I'd like to see the configuration.

Laurent