[OpenIndiana-discuss] using LSI 2308-IT onboard supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD, openindiana not loading drivers? (OpenIndiana-discuss Digest, Vol 29, Issue 43)

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Mar 1 00:30:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-01 01:14, Heinrich van Riel wrote:
> After close to 1TB of data added and 20+ virtual machine installs over
> iSCSI, it is still running and performs better than expected at this point.
> (the server was running windows storage server for a few months before,
> stable but, disappointed performance wise so I know it is not hardware
> related).
> I am going to assume it was related to the vbox install failures and move
> on, do not have the time to dig into it.

Did you "touch /etc/vboxinst_vboxflt" before VirtualBox installation?

This should force the installer to use a vboxnet driver instead of
one geared for Oracle Crossbow. That shouldn't panic the system,
though - but rather fail the loading of a wrong driver.

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/7.2+VirtualBox

You tried the latest version - 4.2.6, right?