[OpenIndiana-discuss] Dear OI community: THANK YOU for all your encouraging lines :)

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 09:54:19 UTC 2013

You are great!
If you don't have time to read in short:
Open Bitcoin address to receive money, Illumos support for SPARC is
great other distos welcome, OpenSXCE is not Oracle's brand?, OpenSXCE is
compatible with OI IPS and you have OI community support!,will love to
have all my OI contributions available for SPARC, too. :)

In long:
I heard you had some financial problems, how do you think you can fix that
with people and interested companies in Illumos/OI SPARC (Open SXCE).
I just wonder if OpenSXCE is name that is not going to be tapped by
Oracle in some time?

I use Openindiana x86 on a laptop and I am happy to know I can have
desktop and IPS on SPARC, too (Instead of just using Solaris 10/11
closed bits).

So I think you can and will continue to have support from Openindiana
community,
not only for sharing IPS packages and .spec files , but also as a
compatible distribution one can count on for SPARC and use it in
parallel with x86 one.

I myself is interested in learning how to build Firefox and Thunderbird
and also
to have any packaging contribution available for both x86 Openindiana
and OpenSXCE SPARC.
Also it would be great to have also other distributions use and enhance
SPARC code in Illumos, that could only benefit to all!

Thank you once again for your hard work in hard times
and just one small suggestion:
Leave also BITCOIN address for funding open,
you never know who might wan to use it to support you from time to time. :P
You can transfer funds from it in Euros or use it directly to buy things
you need.

Thanks! :)
Nikola M.
Europe, Serbia, Belgrade