[OpenIndiana-discuss] using LSI 2308-IT onboard supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD, openindiana not loading drivers? (OpenIndiana-discuss Digest, Vol 29, Issue 43)

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Mar 1 20:39:09 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-01 20:00, Heinrich van Riel wrote:
> I tried both 4.2.6 & 4.2.8, I did not create the file in /etc.
> So that would explain that problem.

Not necessarily (if Christopher is right, and I don't remember needing
it either), but worth a try if you ever return to this idea (the notice
didn't appear in the Wiki out of the blue, right? ;) )

Just in case, you'd know to try this installation at a moment when a
downtime is acceptable, perhaps having shut down or frozen critical
services like a database (to avoid dirty shutdowns and long repairs),
and making a backup BE. Since you do expect a problem, better be ready ;)

Good luck,
//Jim