[OpenIndiana-discuss] using LSI 2308-IT onboard supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD, openindiana not loading drivers? (OpenIndiana-discuss Digest, Vol 29, Issue 43)

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon Mar 4 00:43:57 UTC 2013

If Vbox did try to install the crossbow driver, he should have noticed
it fail to load as there are three kernel calls that that driver expects
to find but will be unable to find.

In any case, the vbox streams driver is problematic and cuts off the
network from time to time. That's why I tried to force the installation
of the crossbow driver only to find out that they are depending on three
new vnic_{create|delete|modify} calls that illumos does not have.