[OpenIndiana-discuss] intel 10G nic on OI

Randy S sim.ple at live.nl
Wed Mar 6 15:27:42 UTC 2013

Thanks for the speedy replies.
I will answer all in this message.

Suggestion 1:
ifconfig ixgbe0 plumb -->gives -->ifconfig: cannot plumb ixgbe0: Could not open DLPI link

Suggestion 2:
 dladm show-phys
LINK         MEDIA                STATE      SPEED  DUPLEX    DEVICE
igb0         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb0
igb1         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb1
igb2         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb2
igb3         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb3

I have in the meantime installed a similar nic in a OI 151a5 and guess what, this one does recognize it normally.

What would be the best way to get 151a7 get to do the same as 151a5 ?

Strange isn't it ?

Regards,

Randy