[OpenIndiana-discuss] intel 10G nic on OI

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Wed Mar 6 15:31:53 UTC 2013

On 06/03/2013 16:27, Randy S wrote:

> Thanks for the speedy replies.
> I will answer all in this message.
>

> Suggestion 1:
> ifconfig ixgbe0 plumb -->gives -->ifconfig: cannot plumb ixgbe0: Could not open DLPI link
>
> Suggestion 2:
>   dladm show-phys
> LINK         MEDIA                STATE      SPEED  DUPLEX    DEVICE
> igb0         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb0
> igb1         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb1
> igb2         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb2
> igb3         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb3
>

> I have in the meantime installed a similar nic in a OI 151a5 and guess what, this one does recognize it normally.
>
> What would be the best way to get 151a7 get to do the same as 151a5 ?
>
> Strange isn't it ?

So it's not recognized at all. Do you see it in prtconf -v ?
Any error in /var/adm/messages ?

Meanwhile, I found this:
<http://openindiana.org/pipermail/oi-dev/2012-August/001561.html>
but that's oi151a5 where you state it's working. Confusing ....
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php