[OpenIndiana-discuss] Unexplained system shutdown

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 03:56:28 UTC 2013

This evening I discovered that my primary OI box, a dual core Atom system (Giada N3) running 151_a7, went down for some reason.

There is no indication of the cause in messages.  The only error messages are about a corrupted FAT filesystem on an USB flash drive and some NWAM junk.

The system is on the same UPS as a Z400 running Solaris 10 U8, so power loss seems unlikely as a cause.  The system was idle other than Firefox and a couple of terminal windows.  The flash drive was not being used.

Any suggestions of how to find the cause?  I don't like systems going down w/o explanation.

Thanks,
Reg