[OpenIndiana-discuss] Change IP Address for a zone.

DormitionSkete@hotmail.com dormitionskete at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 15 05:27:06 UTC 2013

It looks like I am going to have to change the IP Address for one of my zones.

I'm using "ip-type=exclusive", so I can't just change it with zonecfg, like I would if it was "shared".

Googling didn't turn up anything real definite about this.  It kind of left me with the impression that the easiest way to do this is to clone the zone, which, from what I understand, will put the new zone in an unconfigured state.  When I boot it, my impression is that it will go through the zone configuration steps like when you boot a zone for the first time.

If cloning is the easiest way, can I clone it, delete the original zone, and then clone it back so I have keep the original name?

Or is there a way to "unconfigure" the zone?  Or some other way to change the IP Address?

Fortunately, it's a real simple zone.  I could just uninstall it, and reinstall it, and I wouldn't have to do a whole lot to get it back up and running.  If there's a relatively easy way to do this, though, it'd be nice to know -- especially if I ever need to do it for a more complex zone.

Any advice / insight will be appreciated!

fp