[OpenIndiana-discuss] Change IP Address for a zone.

Jussi Hamalainen count at theblah.fi
Fri Mar 15 05:37:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013, DormitionSkete at hotmail.com wrote:

> It looks like I am going to have to change the IP Address for one
> of my zones.
>
> I'm using "ip-type=exclusive", so I can't just change it with
> zonecfg, like I would if it was "shared".

A zone with ip-type=exclusive acts just like the global zone as far
as networking goes. You should use the ipadm command to change your
zone's IP address and the route command to set a new default gateway
if required.

There is absolutely no need to unconfigure the zone due to a simple
IP address change.

--
Jussi