[OpenIndiana-discuss] What to do with 4k sector SATA drives... All fixes are for SCSI drives only!!??

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Sun Mar 17 14:30:58 UTC 2013

When I look around in all the various places where the 4k blocksize
issue is discussed, it turns out all the advice only ever deals with
SCSI or SAS drives.....

So many of the easy, straightforward recipies won't work for SATA
drives. What should I do??

I have the WD EARS drives which misrepresent their physical blocksize.

The zpool-12 binary I have found on the net won't work: it gets ld
errors when starting.

HELP!!!