[OpenIndiana-discuss] bmc driver in Openindiana for Supermicro IPMI controllers?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Wed Mar 20 10:10:20 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-20 11:05, Jim Klimov wrote:
> That said, bmc from sxce snv_130 or so does work on OI copied ditto
> (search the net for my posts last year or so). There were some tricks
> to use it with Thumper's botched IPMI card implementation, but that
> applied originally as well.

Also, the original SXCE bmc driver is closed-source, hence it is
not in illumos, and hence the license restrictions such as not
redistribution other than as part of OpenSolaris.

It was discussed that an open-sourced (bsd?) driver port was worked
on, but I am not sure whether that has been completed and integrated.
Probably, the nice people at Joyent or some other hosting-oriented
illumos contributor would have more to say on this :)

//Jim