[OpenIndiana-discuss] Xvnc in a zone

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Mar 23 10:39:36 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-23 11:23, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> Is there some simple way to get Xvnc working from within a non-global
> zone??

I am certain it is possible, but my positive experience would be of
limited help - for historical reasons we're more accustomed to a
homebrewn build of TightVNC with a resource-cheap twm environment,
and not the ever-changing OS-provided variants.

Regarding dbus stuff, I think you can fake the package headers (you
could in SVR4) and force it to be formally present in an NGZ, even
if it is really doing nothing. If this is not a binary dependency
but a scripted one, fix that method script (xstartup, whatever) by
removing (commenting away) the reference...

HTH,
//Jim