[OpenIndiana-discuss] Crash when zfs unmount -f

Schweiss, Chip chip at innovates.com
Fri May 3 19:43:53 UTC 2013

I'm running OI 151a7 on a SuperMicro 1026-RFT+  w/ 1 CPU & 72GB ECC DDR3.
with NL-SAS disk connected via LSI 9201-16e HBA and LSI sas expanders.

I've seen a few times now the system dump and reboot when an zfs folder is
either forcefully unmounted or destroyed.    I believe each time this has
happened a client may have been connected via NFS.

/var/adm/messages doesn't have any information about the crash.   This most
recent time I have reset the server because the dump was taking too long.

I suspect this may be a IO or Illumos, but the only place I'm seeing the
crash is on the console where most the information has scrolled off the
screen.

How do I capture everything possible about this crash so it can be debugged?

-Chip