[OpenIndiana-discuss] hardware recommendations for OI desktop system

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Mon May 20 22:29:20 UTC 2013

On 20/05/2013 21:20, Tim Mooney wrote:
> Can anyone tell me whether either of these systems would work (functioning
> storage controller, video, and audio) with OI:
> Dell Precison T3600:
>#See my post from January, works partly, but it's not trivial:
><http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2013-January/011229.html>

Thanks Udo, that's fantastic information!  I spent quite a bit of time
going back through the archives before my post, I don't know how
I missed your post.

You don't mention audio or video in that thread.  What video card did you
purchase with the T3600, and how well does it work in 151a7?  Also, does
the on-board audio work?

Tim