[OpenIndiana-discuss] hardware recommendations for OI desktop system

Marion Hakanson hakansom at ohsu.edu
Mon May 20 23:14:14 UTC 2013

On 20/05/2013 21:20, Tim Mooney wrote:
> Can anyone tell me whether either of these systems would work (functioning
> storage controller, video, and audio) with OI:

Hi Tim,

It's slightly older, but I run oi151a7 (and earlier) on a Dell OptiPlex 980.
Graphics cards that have worked for me, XFX nVidia GeForce 7300GT, and ASUS
nVidia GeForce GT610 (both are no-fan GPU's).

I think the main trick with this type of machine is be sure to set SATA
into AHCI mode in the BIOS.

Regards,

Marion