[OpenIndiana-discuss] hardware recommendations for OI desktop system

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Tue May 21 03:55:28 UTC 2013

On 21/05/2013 5:20 AM, Tim Mooney wrote:

> All-
>
> The tl;dr version:
>
> Can anyone tell me whether either of these systems would work (functioning
> storage controller, video, and audio) with OI:
>
> Intel DX79SR:
>
> http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dx79sr.html
>

> Dell Precison T3600:
>
> http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/precision-t3600/pd?refid=precision-t3600&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch&isredir=true

Tim et al, I have an Intel DH77EB motherboard running OI 151a7, and it's
working ok with its onboard graphics.  I haven't played with USB or
audio on it at all though.  It's current hardware, with current Seagate
HDD's running a ZFS root mirror with the drives playing properly wrg
sector sizes.  It didn't want to install at first - grub didn't see the
64 bit side of things but once I told grub to boot 64 bit all was well.