[OpenIndiana-discuss] samba with zfs acls and shadow copies

Martin Walter mawa at uni-freiburg.de
Tue May 28 17:09:22 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 02:43:41PM +0100, Bayard G. Bell wrote:
> Was filed as an illumos site issue, where it stayed for much of that
> time. Generally speaking, just filing bugs and not asking for guidance
> on what debug would be useful or providing a minimum reproducible
> problem will tend to generate an issue that can't be progressed.

I asked for hints. And the problem was reproducable. But I am not an
oi-expert and nobody told me to do these or those tests. So I switched
to samba. Now the server is in production and I can not use it for tests.
But apparently other people have no such problem with sun-cifs.
Or they use all samba? ;-)

Thanx and best regards,
Martin