[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenJDK 1.7 anywhere?

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Tue May 28 18:46:54 UTC 2013

Stefan,

I was a little surprised when finding out how difficult it is to find
> OpenJDK 1.7 for openindiana on the net. Is there a repository for that - or
> at least a site with downloads? Wouldn't like to compile that myself if
> possible...

It's not that hard to compile openjdk, actually.  Compared to some
of the stuff out there it's very easy.

It's in the OI SFE repo. Try searching for jdk here:

http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/en/index.shtml

Is there any reason you can't use the regular Oracle Java JDK? It
will work fine, the only problem for distro builders is that we can't
redistribute it.

(There's also a copy in Tribblix, which is currently here:
http://www.tribblix.org/pkgs/5.11/i386/generic/TRIBopenjdk7u21.zap
unzip it and 'pkgadd -d . TRIBopenjdk7u21', although I would
recommend installing it off to one side using pkgadd -R so
it doesn't corrupt the OI installation, then you can tar it up
and place it wherever you like.)

--
-Peter Tribble