[OpenIndiana-discuss] gmake-3.82

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed May 29 11:28:58 UTC 2013

I was trying to compile Mozilla Firefox with GCC recently and came across a
funny macro bug of sorts ... probably just a bad file, but I spent a little
time looking for it ...

anyway, I noticed that I wasn't using the latest, greatest version of gmake
(installed was gmake-3.81 from 2006) and a newer version exists (gmake-3.82
from 2010)

I compiled it, and installed out of tree, and managed to get Mozilla to go
a long time past the bug in the Makefile ...

the question I have is; is there a particular reason that we don't have the
latest version of gmake in our packages?  I know that they changed the
license to GPL3, does that make a significant change for us over compiled
objects?