[OpenIndiana-discuss] Adobe Flash crashes with Firefox 20 & 21 on OI_151a8

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri May 31 17:21:38 UTC 2013

On 31/05/2013 19:11, Bryan N Iotti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I can't seem to be able to view YouTube videos on OI_151a8 using Firefox
> 20 or 21 and Adobe Flash 11.2.
>
> When I go to the page for a video, any video apparently, Firefox seems
> to load the page and then hangs for 20 seconds before reporting that the
> Flash plugin crashed.

Adobe crashplayer... Nothing unusual, it always had a
bad reputation. Hopefully it will quickly die away with
HTML5.

> Now, what should I do?

Use firefox 17.0.6 at most (and still there will be crashes,
Youtube videos seem to have special, toxic features activated
which other sites like dailymotion don't use). FF 18+ have
problems with some embedded videos, especially with tabs open.