[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox 4.3.x (2!) and oi 151a8? working?

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Mon Nov 18 14:43:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

well, i didn't measured anything, that is just my 'impression'...
And it behaves very stable (didn't had any kind of crash, since 4.2.8).

I have moved into '/hipster' repository (so, not production level at
all) and since Hipster has often updates, do not take my statement as
something serious (beside, I am running VB from my Desktop, so system
might be more or less busy).

Sorry if my previous post caused confusion...
Best regards.

On 11/17/13 01:00 AM, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> On 13-11-16 10:49 AM, Predrag Zecevic wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> it works just OK (no worse or no better then 4.2).
>> You have to carefully set RAM usage, otherwise system willswap.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Am 16.11.2013 01:10, schrieb Carl Brewer:
>>> G'day,
>>> Before I do it myself, has anyone got VB 4.3.2 on OI 151a8 running?  All
>>> good?  No good?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Carl
>>>

> That is interesting it is about the same, because the developers
> suggested there was a major rework of the vt-x code in this release.
> There should have been a pretty decent performance improvement.
>
> Regardless, for production it will be a long time before I make the jump
> to 4.3.  I just recently starting upgrading servers to the 4.2 series.
>
> Geoff

Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

You are lost in the Swamps of Despair.