[OpenIndiana-discuss] 10GigE vs Infiniband vs SCSI Target ...

Saso Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 14:21:39 UTC 2013

Sorry, been meaning to respond, but then it slipped my mind.

SAS is a viable COMSTAR target and there even was a SAS target driver
for some LSI 1068-based chips in the old 2009-era OpenSolaris days, but
ultimately that didn't lead anywhere and it fell by the wayside. But I
understand your rationale. SAS is switched, it is multi-host, very low
latency, high throughput and cheap, cheap, cheap. However, nobody
appears to be working on a SAS target driver ATM, as far as I can tell.

--
Saso