[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS approach to "valid users" etc.

Stefan Müller-Wilken stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de
Wed Nov 20 15:32:53 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I'm currently configuring CIFS on one of my boxes (Oracle 11.1 this time, but I hope that does not matter) and I'm trying port over shares from Samba. While joining the domain worked (surprisingly) flawlessly, I have a bunch of questions regarding shares:

* How can I match the "valid users" parameter, e.g. "valid users = user_a, user_b"?

* How can I share directories located under users on a per user basis? With Samba, that's a "path = %H/export"...

* How can I set access control on a user basis, e.g. set a share read only for a group, read write for another etc.

Unfortunately there is not yet too much documentation available out there...

Cheers
 Stefan