[OpenIndiana-discuss] Building OpenOffice 4.0.1

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 16:10:26 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am trying to build OpenOffie 4.0.1.  According to the building instructions I do:

$ export LD_ALTEXEC=
$ export ANT_HOME=/opt/gnu/ant/
$ export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java
$ autoconf
$ ./configure --with-dmake-url=http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files
/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2 --with-epm-url=http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-
source.tar.gz --disable-odk --with-lang="el en" --with-junit=/extra/sources/Open
Office/java/junit-4.11.jar
$ ./bootstrap
$ source SolarisX86GccEnv.Set
$ build --all

In the last step I am getting the following error message:

build -- version: 275224

=============
Building module solenv
=============

Entering /extra/sources/OpenOffice/aoo-4.0.1/main/solenv

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ERROR!
Could not detect compiler version!
Please extend tg_compv.mk in
solenv/inc.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
g++ -dumpversion returns
4.7.2
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
force_dmake_to_error
dmake:  Error executing 'force_dmake_to_error': No such file or directory
dmake:  Error code -1, while making 'compiler_version_error'

1 module(s):
solenv
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /extra/sources/OpenOffice/aoo-4.0.1/main/solenv

When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by running:

build --all:solenv

Now, I am sure there is a bug somewhere because the script correctly finds the version
of the compiler but somehow fails to recognize it! Has anyone tried to compile OpenOffice
and if yes how he/she has managed to go further?

A.S.

PS Of course it is a pitty that Solaris was a supported platform for OpenOffice and now these people
say that Solaris is not supported. I just wonder why Oracle did not ask those people to support
Solaris...