[OpenIndiana-discuss] Creating .volsetid without mkisofs

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 10:47:36 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Rainer Heilke <rheilke at dragonhearth.com>wrote:

> I'm trying to clean up this error:
> rheilke at hastur:~$ svcs -xv
> svc:/system/filesystem/root:media (root file system mount)
>  State: maintenance since November 25, 2013 03:10:44 PM PST
> Reason: Start method exited with $SMF_EXIT_ERR_FATAL.

That service shouldn't exist on an installed system - that's part
of the live CD magic.

pkg uninstall pkg:/system/install/media/internal

ought to remove it, and should have been done as the final part
of the install. (What I'm not absolutely sure about is whether
that will leave the services it replaces in the correct state - it
does during a regular install, but booting the system may have
confused that logic.)

--
-Peter Tribble