[OpenIndiana-discuss] Creating .volsetid without mkisofs

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 21:57:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Rainer Heilke <rheilke at dragonhearth.com>wrote:

> It looks like it did confuse at least one service:
>
> rheilke at hastur:~$ svcs -xv
> svc:/system/filesystem/root:media (root file system mount)
>  State: offline since November 25, 2013 07:59:32 PM PST
> Reason: Dependency svc:/system/filesystem/root-minimal:default is absent.
>    See: http://illumos.org/msg/SMF-8000-E2
>
> Impact: This service is not running.
>
> Do I disable this one as well?

Hmmmm.

Yes, I think so. Disable root:media, and enable root:default

If filesystem/usr:live-media is present, disable that and enable
filesystem/usr:default

However, it sounds like the install is pretty mangled. I would
hope that a clean boot would sort out the SMF repository
and at least make it consistent with what's on the disk, if
you're lucky enough to get that far.

--
-Peter Tribble