[OpenIndiana-discuss] Creating .volsetid without mkisofs

Rainer Heilke rheilke at dragonhearth.com
Tue Nov 26 22:57:03 UTC 2013

On 11/26/2013 1:57 PM, Peter Tribble wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Rainer Heilke <rheilke at dragonhearth.com>wrote:
>
>> It looks like it did confuse at least one service:
>>
>> rheilke at hastur:~$ svcs -xv
>> svc:/system/filesystem/root:media (root file system mount)
>>   State: offline since November 25, 2013 07:59:32 PM PST
>> Reason: Dependency svc:/system/filesystem/root-minimal:default is absent.
>>     See: http://illumos.org/msg/SMF-8000-E2
>>
>> Impact: This service is not running.
>>
>> Do I disable this one as well?
>>
> Hmmmm.
>
> Yes, I think so. Disable root:media, and enable root:default
>
> If filesystem/usr:live-media is present, disable that and enable
> filesystem/usr:default
>
> However, it sounds like the install is pretty mangled. I would
> hope that a clean boot would sort out the SMF repository
> and at least make it consistent with what's on the disk, if
> you're lucky enough to get that far.

Both usr:live-media *and* usr:default were enabled. Disabling
usr:live-media killed the bootup completely. Couldn't even use ESC to
get to the console. I'll have to start from scratch.

I'll use Jim's advice to pop the DVD out on the first reboot. Maybe not
doing that confused the install. It's been a while since I did a fresh
DVD install...

Rainer

--
Mind the Gap