[OpenIndiana-discuss] Creating .volsetid without mkisofs

Rainer Heilke rheilke at dragonhearth.com
Tue Nov 26 22:30:57 UTC 2013

On 11/26/2013 1:50 PM, Jim Klimov wrote:
> On 2013-11-26 22:25, Rainer Heilke wrote:
>> It looks like it did confuse at least one service:
>> rheilke at hastur:~$ svcs -xv
>> svc:/system/filesystem/root:media (root file system mount)
>>   State: offline since November 25, 2013 07:59:32 PM PST
>> Reason: Dependency svc:/system/filesystem/root-minimal:default is
>> absent.
>>     See: http://illumos.org/msg/SMF-8000-E2
>> Impact: This service is not running.
>>
>> Do I disable this one as well?
>
> Yes... So, after all, HOW did you install the OS?
>
> Booted the livecd, clicked "Install OpenIndiana" icon,
> passed the GUI wizard which asked you about partitions,
> timezone, hostname, usernames and passwords - and then
> created the rpool, installed (copied and customized)
> the OS image, and you clicked Reboot to end the wizard?
>
> Right? Did you take the standard "user-oriented" wizard
> procedure, without any manual "cpio" and such stuff?
>
> If yes, then something is very strange and wrong.
>
> If no, such as if you did create the rpool and copy the
> running LiveCD environment without further customization,
> some of the problems are somewhat predictable (such as
> these other implementations of the root filesystem which
> are relevant for live media and should be disabled for
> HDD installs). And some of the workarounds (the manually
> done customization "like the wizard does") should be on
> the wiki in this page:
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/display/oi/Advanced+-+Manual+installation+of+OpenIndiana+from+LiveCD+media
>

> Though it was made a couple of dev-releases ago and might
> be a bit outdated :-\
>
> HTH,
> //Jim Klimov

Yep. Told it to use the whole (650MB) disk, left the DVD in after the
reboot so it could finish it's stuff. Then I rebooted again, popped the
DVD out, and booted from the harddrive. Same as I used to always do.
I've done the live upgrades for the last few releases.

And thanks, I'll disable that service.

Rainer

Mind the Gap
Web: http://www.dragonhearth.com