[OpenIndiana-discuss] Creating .volsetid without mkisofs

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Nov 26 22:44:10 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-26 23:30, Rainer Heilke wrote:
> Yep. Told it to use the whole (650MB) disk, left the DVD in after the
> reboot so it could finish it's stuff. Then I rebooted again, popped the
> DVD out, and booted from the harddrive. Same as I used to always do.
> I've done the live upgrades for the last few releases.

Hmmm... 650Mb is too close a figure to a CDROM size. And definitely too
small for an OI (with GUI) installation on HDD/SSD/USB-Flash, even with
gzip-9 compression. Are you sure you installed to the correct media?

Also, I think the LiveCD/LiveUSB does all it needs during the wizard -
after the reboot the Live media is not needed, you boot from HDD and
the files on that pool are used. In fact, if the Live media remains
in place, you'd probably boot from it and restart installation from
scratch (or use the live environment for repairs of the pool on HDD).

//Jim