[OpenIndiana-discuss] Minor Locale issues

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 23:28:43 UTC 2013

I recently changed my locale at the Graphical login screen to "English
(United Kingdom)" from "Unknown (624)" (or something like that) ...

whenever I open a terminal (or a new window, or a new tab) I get the
message "bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_GB): No
such file or directory" at the top of this.

my bash init scripts set the locale to C, so it's not causing me a
significant problem, and I can always change back to the unidentified thing
that isn't recognised (and so therefore defaults to C, i believe)

Anyone got any ideas how to get the message to go away, or if it causes a
problem?

Jon