[OpenIndiana-discuss] Minor Locale issues

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri Nov 29 00:10:50 UTC 2013

On 29/11/2013 00:28, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> I recently changed my locale at the Graphical login screen to "English
> (United Kingdom)" from "Unknown (624)" (or something like that) ...
>
> whenever I open a terminal (or a new window, or a new tab) I get the
> message "bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_GB): No
> such file or directory" at the top of this.
>

> Anyone got any ideas how to get the message to go away, or if it causes a
> problem?
Usually, one of the locale packages is not installed, have
a look into /usr/lib/locale/ and /usr/share/locale, if you don't
see en_GB.UTF-8|en_GB there. The usual setting for your language
should be en_GB.UTF-8, that works best. You can combine that
with a different LC_CTYPE for your keyboard, if need be.