[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi-151a8: sound-juicer doesn't find CD?

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Fri Oct 4 17:01:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

On čt, 2013-10-03 at 00:25 -0700, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> On 10/02/13 09:56, ken mays wrote:
> > Milan Jurik has provided updates to GNOME over at pkg.openindiana.cz/oi-jds
>
> that doesn't seem to exist..

oi-jds is name of hg repo :-)

> > The updates will be in oi_151a9 and updated to the main repo.
>
> .. but I found (and installed) what I think you were referring to at
> http://pkg.opensolaris.cz/osol/ for publisher jds.openindiana.org,
> packaged on September 16th, 2013

/osol/ is relict of some old times... Years ago there were SFE packages
for OpenSolaris...

Officially it is on http://pkg.opensolaris.cz:10000/

> Unfortunately, sound-juicer behaves the same way with those packages -
> it doesn't auto-launch when a disk is inserted, and if launched
> manually, it doesn't find the optical drive.

Yes, it is not fixed in that JDS build.

> Guess I'll have to start digging further..

You can track it "progress" here:

https://www.illumos.org/issues/4059

But I am sorry, we have last nice days in my country before winter, so I
have different preferences. I fixed in the last JDS dev build only the
critical issues, not all regressions from JDS 2010. Volunteers welcomed,
otherwise you have to wait till bad weather :-)

Best regards,

Milan