[OpenIndiana-discuss] pulseaudio

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Thu Oct 10 04:15:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

On st, 2013-10-09 at 17:11 -0400, Richard L. Hamilton wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Milan Jurik wrote:
> >
> > how relevant is obsolete closed source technology?
>

> how relevant is obsolete closed mind ideology?

the company responsible for development of all key components stopped to
sell it to new customers.

> See what happens when you put adjectives together with minimal facts?  "relevant" has different meaning depending on whether one uses them; and to everyone else, depending on how many people are still using them.

Yes, there are few instalations of OI probably. How important for them
pulseaudio is?

> "closed source" isn't entirely accurate; there are open source implementations of the SunRay Appliance Link Protocol (ALP):
> http://sourceforge.net/p/softray/wiki/Home/

Without development for more than 3 years.

> http://sourceforge.net/p/lens/home/Home/

Without development for more than 3 years.

> and I've heard about some others too, but have other things to do than prove the point right now.

Find some different technology, which has more documentation, more
attention and has future.

Best regards,

Milan