[OpenIndiana-discuss] pulseaudio

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 09:04:49 UTC 2013

SunRays aren't easily replaced. they're a very cheap, reliable and
versatile system.

SunRays all support high resolutions out of the box. They all support smart
card technology to connect to the correct session.  They are a true
thin-client, a SunRay client uses less electricity than my set of LED fairy
lights, that I hang in the office at Christmas. The protocol they use is
exceptionally light-weight, possibly even better than RDP, orders of
magnitude better than VNC.

We've looked around for replacements to our system, but because we hot-desk
(it's a laboratory, people walk about all day) most other clients just
don't do what we need.  We've taken to buying up other peoples SunRays when
they sell them off.

They're one of the greatest systems/protocols that Sun produced, but
because the margin was small, their sales guys just weren't interested in
pushing them, except in the 1000s, and because of this they didn't know
what they did, in order to push them in the market ... and with no profit
coming from the line, Oracle dropped the product.

Just my 2cents.

Jon