[OpenIndiana-discuss] [zfs] problem on my zpool

Richard Elling richard.elling at richardelling.com
Wed Oct 23 16:21:39 UTC 2013

On Oct 23, 2013, at 2:01 AM, Clement BRIZARD <clement at brizou.fr> wrote:

> The disks are in a Fractal XL case which have little rubber pad to contain vibrations.
> As long as it works I will leave it. When I will have some money I will build a proper server
>
> Once the resilvering is done, should I do a scrub job ?

This is generally not required. Resilver and scrub do the same thing: look at all of
the affected data and metadata.

NB, the zpool status output contains the results of the previous two scans. So it might
still report that some errors had been seen. Another zpool clear will clear out the old
messages. We hope that no new errors are found :-)
 -- richard

--

Richard.Elling at RichardElling.com
+1-760-896-4422