[OpenIndiana-discuss] skype on OI

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Oct 24 06:22:42 UTC 2013

Hello, people.

Once more I'm looking at using OI at desktop (at least, this way I'll be
first who finds out that I've broken JDS :)).  The ultimate disadvantage
that doesn't allow me to do it is skype (it's a must-have application
for me, and it should be fully functional - or at least support group
chats and group voice calls).
What solutions are there for OI? It seems that imo.im has stopped to
support skype this year. What alternatives are there? Linux zone (but I
prefer to avoid using custom illumos-gate patches)? Does it support sound?
Of course, VM is not an option. Why should I run Linux on OI if I can
just run plain Linux :)
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,