[OpenIndiana-discuss] skype on OI

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Thu Oct 24 09:08:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

i don't think that Microsoft will ever release Skype for OI (or solaris)...

See also:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.unix.solaris/mZfOE1VMuiQ
[back in 2010, there was Skype forum thread regarding Solaris, but it is
gone now]

http://os-solaris.ru/en/zapusk-skype-na-openindiana-151a/

Regards.

P.S. I, myself, am running CentOS 6 as VBox guest (not only for skype,
but mysql-workbench /also Oracle maintained, but no release for Solaris
like OSes/, TeamViewer, etc).

--
Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

Mene, mene, tekel, upharsen.