[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris C++ feof(): are we doing things differently?

Bryan N Iotti ironsides.medvet at runbox.com
Sun Oct 27 18:07:06 UTC 2013

Thank you both for your answers.

Bob: I have built a patched copy of libtool, however due to the structure of the project I wasn't so far able to use it in this case. I will put more effort into it tomorrow, following documentation.

Reginald: I'm also looking at how that function is used in the code, per your suggestion. As I'm new to C/C++ this is going to take some time.

What I find "funny" is that the 32 bit version compiles and runs fine. As soon as I add the -m64 flag it exits. This does seem to confirm it as the libtool bug Bob was mentioning.

Again, thank you both for your answers, I will keep you updated as I continue.

Bryan

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 11:13:01 -0500 (CDT)
Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Oct 2013, Bryan N Iotti wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > got a little question for you that's been driving me crazy.
> >
> > I'm trying to compile the FEBio finite element analysis software on OI hipster 151a8.
> >
> > Studio 12.3 CC compilation is not working at all, with hundreds of errors, so for now I turned to g++.
> >
> > g++ compiles fine with -g -m64 (I want the debug flags for now) and runs. However when I try to open a file from the verification suite it sends a SIGCABRT and terminates with "terminate called after throwing an instance of 'XMLReader::EndOfFile'
> > terminate called recursively".
>
> This is quite likely from a libtool-related bug which shows up with
> -m64 on Solaris when using GCC.  The bug causes C++ exception catching
> to not work reliably.  I have attached the patch which was submitted
> to libtool.  This fix will be in the next (soon forthecoming) libtool
> release.
>
> Bob
> --
> Bob Friesenhahn