[OpenIndiana-discuss] Solaris C++ feof(): are we doing things differently?

Laurent Blume laurent+oi at elanor.org
Sun Oct 27 19:04:36 UTC 2013

On 27/10/2013 19:07, Bryan N Iotti wrote:
> What I find "funny" is that the 32 bit version compiles and runs
> fine. As soon as I add the -m64 flag it exits. This does seem to
> confirm it as the libtool bug Bob was mentioning.

I think I had similar issues several times: the definition of FILE in
Solaris is completely different in 32 and 64 bit. The latter is opaque.
The Linux definition is similar to the Solaris 32 bit one, so the
slightly abusive assumptions made with Linux code work with that one,
basically accessing internal elements they shouldn't. But they really
can't work when building 64 bit.
That could be your problem here.

There are explanations in Solaris Internals:
http://books.google.fr/books?id=r_cecYD4AKkC&lpg=PA481&pg=PA481#v=onepage&q&f=false

Laurent