[OpenIndiana-discuss] New Wiki page for adding a Windows GRUB entry

Jean-Pierre jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Sun Sep 1 15:05:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

Gary Mills wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 11:14:29AM +0200, Bryan N Iotti wrote:
>>
>> I have reorganized the content of the page, using Jim's email as an
>> introduction and moving my page and Jean-Pierre's email to child pages.
>>
>> You can see the end result here:
>> http://wiki.openindiana.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=26543005
>>
>> Tell me if you like it or would rather do it differently.
>
> You have some old information there.  The Solaris fdisk partition
> type no longer is the same as the Linux swap type.  The source for
> the `fdisk' command contains a table of all partition types, with
> these two included:
>
> 	"Solaris/Linux swap",			/* 130 */
> 	"Solaris2",				/* 191 */
>
> These are 0x82 and 0xbf respectively.  The illumos fdisk command
> selects the second one by default, and will offer to change from
> the old one to the new one.

What I mentioned in my proposal is a different issue
which I had earlier (I have not checked whether it can
still occur).

It has nothing to do with fdisk, but with the installer
when using a disk already partitioned. The installer
refused to install on a disk where two Solaris partitions
were present (one of them being intended for the Linux
swap, not to be changed to 0xbf).

Jean-Pierre