[OpenIndiana-discuss] LACP between OpenIndiana and a Cisco C3560: only some traffic passes.

Antony Brooke-Wood abrookewood at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 08:14:49 UTC 2013

I am running OpenIndiana (oi_151a8) and have two NICs aggregated using LACP
connected to a Cisco WS-C3560G-48TS. Both the server and the switch show
the aggregate link as up. But while link layer traffic is visible ('snoop'
shows ARP requests etc), I can not pass any IP traffic (ping, ssh all
fail). The really strange thing is that the aggregate link can obtain a
DHCP address, which provides the correct gateway etc. My initial thoughts
were that there was a problem with the VLAN configuration, but the switch
is running everything on VLAN1. I also tried explicitly adding this on both
ends, but without success (OI won't let me configure a VLAN with the native
VLAN). Any ideas?

CONFIGURATION ON THE SERVER
svcadm disable network/physical:nwam
svcadm enable network/physical:default
dladm create-aggr -l e1000g0 -l e1000g1 aggr1
ipadm create-addr -T DHCP aggr1/v4
dladm modify-aggr -L active -T long aggr1

VERIFICATION ON THE SERVER (had to OCR this, so some text is mangled)
admin at arc01:~# dladm show-link
LINK CLASS MTU STATE BRIDGE OVER
e1000g0 phys 1500 up -- --
e1000g1 phys 1500 up -- --
aggr1 aggr 1500 up —— e1000g0 e1000g1

admin at arc01:~# dladm show-phys
LINK MEDIA STATE SPEED DUPLEX DEVICE
e1000g0 Ethernet up 1000 full e1000g0
e1000g1 Ethernet up 1000 full e1000g1

admin at arc01:~# dladm show—ether
LINE PTYPE STATE AUTO SPEED-DUPLEX PAUSE
e1000g0 current up yes 1G—f bi
e1000g1 current up yes 1G-f bi

admin at arc01:~# dladm show-aggr
LINK POLICY ADDRPOLICY LACPACTIVITY LACPTIMER FLAGS
aggr1 L4 auto active long -----

admin at arc01:~# ifconfig aggr1
aggr1: Flags=1004843{UP,BROADCAST.RUNNING.MULTICAST,DHCP.IPv4} mtu 1500
index 3
inet 192.168.0.200 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.0.255
ether 68:5:ca:11:19:a6

Regards,

Antony Brooke-Wood