[OpenIndiana-discuss] smb shares inaccessible - that did I leave out?

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Sep 10 16:52:27 UTC 2013

Running 151a8

I'm trying to access some of the smb shares I've created from a win7
box.  It can see the shares but cannot access any of them

smb/server is running
I've added this line to /etc/pam.conf:
,----
|   other password required pam_smb_passwd.so.1 nowarn
`----
I've joined the windows workgroup 'home' that the win7 box is in.
sharesmb is turned on and named in this typical share:
,----
|  zfs get sharesmb p2/rmh/m2
| NAME       PROPERTY  VALUE        SOURCE
| p2/rmh/m2  sharesmb  name=rmh-m2  local
`----
Sharemgr show -vp sees it:

,----
|     zfs/p2/rmh/m2 nfs=() smb=()
|           rmh-m2=/rmh/m2
`----

I reset my users passwd once that line was added to pam.conf
I've rebooted since all the above was done.

And finally, the windows 7 OS sees the share in `network'.

However, it is not accessible and no authentication is offered when
clicking on it.

What am I overlooking?